Science Practical Class-IX
1. Preparation of :
(a) a true solution of common salt, sugar and alum
(b) a suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in water
(c) a colloidal solution of starch in water and egg albumin/milk in water and distinction between these on the basis of ● transparency ● filtration criterion ● stability
2. Preparation of
(a) a mixture
(b) a compound using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinction between these on the basis of :
(i) appearance, i.e., homogeneity and heterogeneity
(ii) behaviour towards a magnet
(iii) behaviour towards carbon disulphide as a solvent
(iv) effect of heat
3. Separation of the components of:
a mixture of sand, common salt and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
4. Performing the following reactions and classifying them as physical or chemical changes :
(a) Iron with copper sulphate solution in water
(b) Burning of magnesium ribbon in air
(c) Zinc with dilute sulphuric acid
(d) Heating of copper sulphate crystals
(e) Sodium sulphate with barium chloride in the form of their solutions in water.
5. Preparation of stained temporary mounts of (a) onion peel, (b) human cheek cells & to record observations and draw their labeled diagrams.
6. Identification of: Parenchyma, Collenchyma and Sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth and cardiac muscle fibers and nerve cells in animals from prepared slides. Drawing of their labeled diagrams.
7. Determination of the melting point of : Ice and the boiling point of water.
8. Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
9. Determination of the density of :Solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
10. Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in :
(a) tap water
(b) strongly salty water, with the weight of water displaced by it by taking at least two different solids.
11. Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string /slinky.
12. Study of the characteristics of : Spirogyra / Agaricus, Moss / Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Drawing and providing two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
13. Observing the given pictures / charts / models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish and bird. For each organism, drawing of their picture and recording :
(a) one specific feature of its phylum.
(b) one adaptive feature with reference to its habitat.
14. Verification of the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
15. Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
There are no reviews yet.