Physical Education Text Book-B.A. Gen Punjab University 1st year
Semester 1 & 2-Punjabi Medium
UNIT-II: Education :Meaning and concept of Education:
- Physical Education :Meaning and definition of Physical Education, its aim and objectives.
- Need and importance of Physical Education in the Modern Society and its relationship with other subjects.
- History of Physical Education :Pre and Post Independence Development of Physical Education in India.
UNIT-III: Olympic Games, Asian Games & Commonwealth Games :
- Ancient Olympic Games, Modern Olympic Games, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games.
UNIT-IV : Sports Schemes, National Institutions of Sports and National and International Governing Bodies of Olympic Games :
- Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur Coaching Scheme.
- Netaji Subash National Institute of Sports, Patiala (NSNIS, Patiala).
- Sports Authority of India (SAI).
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
- International Olympic Committee (IOC).
UNIT-V: Basics of Handball :
- History of the game.
- Basic fundamentals.
- Equipment and specifications.
- Marking/layout of court.
- Rules and regulations (number of players, duration of game, number of officials required and general rules of play).
- Major tournaments and Arjuna Awardees of the game.